The voting has begun for the LA2050 Grants Challenge!
Fallen Fruit is in the running to fund The Endless Orchard: Phase Two which imagines LA as a colorful garden of eden, lush with fruit trees bearing juicy shareable fruits—all planted by and for Angelenos in public space. Tree tags placed at each fruit tree identify it as part of a network of sharing. Anyone can collaborate with the project by planting, mapping, sharing, and navigating the fruit trees via the free online website and app.
The Endless Orchard: Phase Two officially launches this winter at the new Los Angeles State Historic Park, the trailhead of The Endless Orchard, an orange grove and a monument to sharing. Come help us plant, map, and share! And win the LA2050 Grant Challenge.
Vote for Fallen Fruit! Vote now! https://challenge.la2050.org/entry/the-endless-orchard-phase-two
Voting ends at 5PM October 25. Please forward, click, and share.
When you vote for Fallen Fruit, you vote for this!
- Access to healthy food
- Resilient communities
- Tree canopy cover
- Reduced exposure to air toxins
- Decreased obesity
- High walk/bike/transit scores
- Collaborative Spirit
Our Partners include: Code Rodeo, Creative Capital and Los Angeles State Historic Park and everyone who wants to collaborate with us! Learn more about the LA2050 Initiative: la2050.org/
The Endless Orchard project collaborates with the citizens of Los Angeles planting fruit trees on the margins of public and private space, in front of homes and businesses and spaces like parkways, bike paths and alleys. Tree tags placed at each fruit tree identify it as part of a network of sharing. Anyone can collaborate with the project by planting, mapping, sharing, and navigating the fruit trees via the free online website and app.
Help us create an Endless Orchard:
- Share why you love the #EndlessOrchard for a #betterLA.
- email your friends and ask them to vote for The Endless Orchard– from Oct. 18 thru Oct.
- Visit my project page at: The Endless Orchard
- If you use an email address, you will be emailed a link that you need to click in order to verify your address.
- Click “Vote for this idea” to vote for me!
- Once you’ve voted, you’ll get a notification at the top of the screen and an email verifying that your vote has been counted.
- Log in on to the My LA2050 voting site. If you don’t have an account, it’s free to join. You can use social sign-in via Twitter or Facebook or your email address.
- Remember, you can vote once per goal category during the entire voting period, so please let your friends know and encourage them to check out project ideas in other categories!
The website and app are a collaboration with Code Rodeo, a web and app development, social media, and digital marketing agency based in Boyle Heights. Female owned and operated, Code Rodeo works to bring to life projects that are socially aware and experientially meaningful.
The free app will allow anyone to participate and grow the project in their own neighborhood. The public mapping functionality allows the trail to continually grow. Users upload video, photo and text associated with a tree.
The Endless Orchard was awarded the prestigious Creative Capital grant in 2013. Creative Capital remains our partner and will use their vast resources and expertise to help publicize this project and ensure its success.
The Los Angeles State Historic Park will provide us space to have our public tree donations and planting events. Permanent Signage at the park will describe the Endless Orchard and maps will be available.