“We are a contemporary artists. We make art installations, and plant fruit trees in public space for everyone to share. We invite you to experience your City as a fruitful place, to radically shift public participation and the function of urban spaces, and to explore the meaning of community through creating and sharing new and abundant resources – like Fruit Trees.”– David Allen Burns and Austin Young / Fallen Fruit.
- Fallen Fruit on The Kelly Clarkson Show!Artists Create Huge Public Orchard By Mapping Where Fruit Is […]
- Love Trap! Trappola d’Amore! Chiostro del BramanteCrazy Trappola d’Amore / Love Trap, David Allen Burns and […]
- NFT: Public Gathering at the Monument to SharingThe sale includes a fruit tree planted in public space […]
- Fallen Fruit of VictorvilleWe planted a bunch of new fruit trees in March, […]
- CRAZY – in Rome!Dart – Chiostro del Bramante CRAZY: Madness in Contemporary Art […]
The Endless Orchard
“Our cities can be like communal gardens. What if instead of going to the grocery store for an apple, you just walked outside your door?”
The ENDLESS ORCHARD is the largest collaborative public artwork in the world. Anyone anywhere can PLANT, MAP, AND SHARE FRUIT! It’s a movement of citizens transforming their own neighborhoods. Fruit is a transcultural symbol of sharing and neighbors can plant fruit trees in front of their homes, community centers, schools, businesses, on the margins of public and private space and interstitial municipal spaces like parkways, bike paths and alleys.
The ENDLESS ORCHARD (endlessorchard.com) is free to use. Anyone, anywhere, can plant a fruit tree along a property’s publicly accessible margins and map it. With each new tree, the orchard grows larger and is shared with more people. Participants can map accessible fruit trees that already exist in neighborhoods, or plant trees in collaboration with cities in public spaces and parks.
Fallen Fruit / David Allen Burns and Austin Young. By re-imagining public space, we aim to make fresh fruit available to everyone, everywhere. We make public projects, site-specific installations and happenings around the world.