“We are a contemporary artists. We make art installations, and plant fruit trees in public space for everyone to share. We invite you to experience your City as a fruitful place, to radically shift public participation and the function of urban spaces, and to explore the meaning of community through creating and sharing new and abundant resources – like Fruit Trees.”– David Allen Burns and Austin Young / Fallen Fruit.
Share your fruit!
- WIE IM PARADIESLIKE IN PARADISE I WIE IM PARADIES HÖHENRAUSCH Museum, Linz, […]
- NGV TRIENNIAL 2020: FALLEN FRUIT: Virtual tourTake a virtual tour of ‘Natural History’ by Fallen Fruit […]
- Time in this timeA Time capsule for the present. An online project – […]
- MELBOURNE NGV Triennial19 DEC 2020 – 18 APR 2021 We are excited […]
- Blah blah blah – Conversations on contemporary art|Blah blah blah – Conversations on contemporary art | Fallen […]
The Endless Orchard
“Our cities can be like communal gardens. What if instead of going to the grocery store for an apple, you just walked outside your door?”
The ENDLESS ORCHARD, by Fallen Fruit, is the largest collaborative public artwork in the world. Anyone anywhere can PLANT, MAP, AND SHARE FRUIT! The Endless Orchard is a movement of citizens transforming their own neighborhoods. Fruit is a transcultural symbol of sharing and Citizens can plant fruit trees in front of their homes, community centers, schools, businesses, on the margins of public and private space and interstitial municipal spaces like parkways , bike paths and alleys.
The ENDLESS ORCHARD (endlessorchard.com) is free to use. Anyone, anywhere, can plant a fruit tree along a property’s publicly accessible margins and map it on the Endless Orchard. With each new tree, the orchard grows larger and is shared with more people. Participants can map accessible fruit trees that already exist in your neighborhood, or plant trees in collaboration with cities in public spaces and parks.
Fallen Fruit / David Allen Burns and Austin Young. By re-imagining public space, we aim to make fresh fruit available to everyone, everywhere. We make public projects, site-specific installations and happenings around the world.